Applications for the 2022 IBL intake have opened! To make sure you don't miss out, please only apply to ONE of our following business streams below.
Please, please, please only apply for ONE stream and indicate your preference for others in your one application.
Manufacturing and Supply, Ermington (NSW) here
Manufacturing and Supply, Boronia (VIC) here
Business Operations, Abbotsford (VIC) here
Business Operations, Ermington (NSW) here
Medical and Clinical, Abbotsford (VIC) here
Sales and Marketing, Ermington (NSW) here
Sales and Marketing, Abbotsford (VIC) here
Sales and Marketing, Auckland (NZ) here
Medical and Clinical, Auckland (NZ) here
Find out more about GSK's IBL program in two minutes by watching this video.
GSK’s Industry Based Learning (IBL) program is developed for undergraduate University students in their penultimate or final year of study upon commencement of the program. The program offers students an opportunity to work within a company that helps people do more, feel better and live longer.
This twelve-month, full time IBL program is the perfect opportunity for students to launch their career, offering invaluable hands-on work experience in a friendly and supportive environment. Upon completion, IBL’s will have built on their university learning and gained a competitive edge for all future career paths.
Essential Program Criteria
Before submitting your application, please ensure that you meet the essential criteria for the program and that you provide this information accurately. Please note that if you do not meet the essential requirements of the program, you will receive an automatic response, declining your application.
- You must be a citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand or Australia OR be able to provide proof that you have valid working rights that enable you to work full time for the 12-month period of the internship (without restrictions)
- You must be able to work full time from January 2022 to January 2023
- Victoria, Australia: Penultimate or final year undergraduate student student upon commencement of the program in January 2022
- Sydney, Consumer Healthcare: Final year undergraduate student or graduated from a bachelor’s degree (or similar) within the last 12 months upon commencement of the program in January 2021
- New Zealand, Pharmaceutical & Consumer Healthcare: Final year undergraduate student or graduated from a bachelor’s degree (or similar) within the last 12 months upon commencement of the program in January 2021.
What does the program offer me?
Our IBL program suits students who want a career with real purpose. Participants benefit from a rich variety of structured training and individual mentoring while gaining genuine experience in your chosen field. We have designed our program to ensure that you will work closely with your manager and professionals who are passionate about their work and are eager to pass on their learning and knowledge. This way, you will get to develop great skills crucial for your future success.
You will be a part of a structured and robust program to give you the optimum opportunity for appropriate learning and development. You will benefit from:
- Being involved in interesting work and adding value to the business
- Opportunity to work on key projects to build core technical and business skills
- Being actively involved in career networking forums
- Access to various internal and external training opportunities
- Reporting directly to a line manager
- Involvement in GSK’s staff volunteering program to help the community
What do I need to succeed?
Our interns need ambition, commercial awareness and a self-motivated, proactive approach. We’re looking for clear, effective communicators who can quickly build rapport with a wide range of people. It’s important that you can adapt to change and keep focused. While you have the drive and confidence to trust your own judgment, you’re a real team player who actively collaborates with others.
How do I apply?
Applications for our 2022 IBL Program are open. Apply by using the links above.
Please apply to ONE business stream, you will have the opportunity to make multiple selections further in the recruitment process.
To hear more about the program from our Early Talent Recruiter and current IBLs, watch our live Q&A session hosted by GradAustralia here.
Timeline & Assessment Process
In order to keep everyone safe, our inclusive recruitment process is 100% online this year. It inolves an online application, online test, pre-recorded presentation and interview, followed by a live video interview and background checks. This takes place over the course of around 8 weeks. Keep an eye on your email for updates on your application, please ensure you are checking your 'Junk Mail' regularly.
The IBL contracts will run from January 2022 to January 2023.
Sound exciting? We think this could be the best career move you ever make.