Applications for the 2023 IBL Internship are now open!
Find out more about GSK's Internship Programme in two minutes by watching this video.
GSK’s Internship Programme is identified internally as our Industry Based Learning (IBL) program and is developed for undergraduate University students in their penultimate or final year of study upon commencement of the program. The program offers students an opportunity to work within a company that helps people do more, feel better and live longer.
This twelve-month, full time Internship Programme is the perfect opportunity for students to launch their career, offering invaluable hands-on work experience in a friendly and supportive environment. Upon completion, intern’s will have built on their university learning and gained a competitive edge for all future career paths.
Essential Program Criteria
Before submitting your application, please ensure that you meet the essential criteria for the program and that you provide this information accurately. Please note that if you do not meet the essential requirements of the program, you will receive an automatic response, declining your application. There will be no exceptions.
- You must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia or New Zealand
- You must be able to work full time from January 2023 to January 2024
- Victoria, Australia Roles: You must be in your penultimate or ultimate year prior to 2023, studying a bachelors degree or something similar
- New Zealand Roles: You must not have commenced postgraduate studies (unless studying honours), 2020 and 2021 graduates of a Bachelor's degree are accepted
What does the internship offer me?
Our Internship Programme suits students who want a career with real purpose. Participants benefit from a rich variety of structured training and individual mentoring while gaining genuine experience in your chosen field. We have designed our program to ensure that you will work closely with your manager and professionals who are passionate about their work and are eager to pass on their learning and knowledge. This way, you will get to develop great skills crucial for your future success.
You will be a part of a structured and robust program to give you the optimum opportunity for appropriate learning and development. You will benefit from:
- Being involved in interesting work and adding value to the business.
- Opportunity to work on key projects to build core technical and business skills.
- Being actively involved in career networking forums.
- Access to various internal and external training opportunities.
- Reporting directly to a line manager.
- Involvement in GSK’s staff volunteering program to help the community.
What do I need to succeed?
Our interns need ambition, commercial awareness and a self-motivated, proactive approach. We’re looking for clear, effective communicators who can quickly build rapport with a wide range of people. It’s important that you can adapt to change and keep focused. While you have the drive and confidence to trust your own judgment, you’re a real team player who actively collaborates with others.
How do I apply?
Applications are now open for our 2023 IBL Internship intake! Internship for 2023 will fall under one of the following business streams. At application stage we ask that you only apply for one stream.
- Sales & Marketing, Australia
- Sales & Marketing, New Zealand
- Business Operations, Australia
- Business Operations, New Zealand
- Medical & Clinical, Australia
- Medical & Clinical, New Zealand
To hear more about the program form our Early Talent Recruiter and current Interns watch our live Q&A session hosted by GradAustralia. Also, do not miss out on our GradAustralia/GradNewZealand Q&A Session! Scheduled for Thursday, 28th July 2022, you can register by clicking here.
Timeline & Assessment Process
In order to keep everyone safe, our inclusive recruitment process is 100% online this year. It involves an online application, online test, pre-recorded presentation and interview, followed by a live video interview and background checks. This takes place over the course of around 8 weeks. Keep an eye on your email for updates on your application, please ensure you are checking your 'Junk Mail' regularly.
The Internship contracts will run from January 2023 to January 2024.
Sound exciting? We think this could be the best career move you ever make.
GSK is a place where talented people do amazing things. Where you are encouraged to be you and create a meaningful impact.
Working at GSK
Everyone at GSK is focused on our three long-term priorities, designed to create lasting value for patients, consumers and shareholders.