Procurement at GSK Australia
Each year, GSK purchases significant amounts of goods and services from Australian and overseas suppliers. These include common and specialist items ranging from stationery to raw materials. There is also wide diversity of products, markets, regulatory authorities and systems associated with our suppliers.
GSK Procurement Mission:
To support the commercial ambitions of GSK through leading edge Procurement and business practices.
- Reliable supply, service, quality and innovation.
- Suppliers that consistently deliver value that surpasses expectations of business owners.
- Suppliers consider GSK a "preferred customer" and provide innovative solutions which may drive additional value or assist with reducing costs, for both GSK and our suppliers.
- Maximise the benefits of GSK's size and global reach.
The Procurement Policy aims to ensure that in all Procurement activities:
- GSK obtains goods and services that meet specification and are delivered on time at internationally competitive prices from financially stable suppliers.
- GSK uses its total service level measure, ensuring that our vendors provide superior assurance of supply, quality, service, cost and innovation for the products or services that it provides.
- Consistent procedures are followed in accordance with GSK policies.
- Commercial, financial, legal and operational risk is reduced.
GSK Procurement will provide our staff with quality products and services, evaluated using total cost and best practice philosophies, purchased from ‘best-practice’, financially-stable suppliers and delivered on time at internationally-competitive prices. At the same time we will provide job satisfaction for our employees by supporting them with appropriate levels of technology, providing personal development opportunities and ensuring their involvement by empowering them to make decisions.
Suppliers are responsible for ensuring the health and safety of their officers, employees, agents and contractors (and their employees or contractors) as well as the health and safety of others, including GSK employees, customers, visitors and other contractors and suppliers, when present at GSK sites. Depending upon the nature of the goods or services being supplied in each case, GSK may provide more specific OHS requirements relating to the provision of those particular goods or services.
Further, GSK requires its Suppliers and their Personnel to comply with other requirements regarding Anti Bribery and Corruption (ABAC), Standards of Personal Behaviour, Equal Opportunity, Harassment and Bullying, Theft, Attempted Theft, Fraud, Attempted Fraud or Removal of Property, in particular circumstances. These requirements are also set out in the Supplier Requirements.Terms and Conditions of Purchase