GSK Australia releases 2014 Responsible Business Report
GSK Australia and New Zealand have published the third annual responsible business report, outlining key achievements in health, community and environmental sustainability.
The publication covers the company’s local profile as well as financial contributions to charitable organisations and patient advocacy groups, information about employee programs and progress updates on environmental initiatives.
It also provides information about the company’s recent decision to modernise their business model by making significant changes to their sales and marketing practices.
Geoff McDonald, General Manager, GSK Australia Pharmaceuticals said ‘Operating a responsible business at a global and local level is not only an expectation of society but a priority for our company. This report details our approach at GSK and demonstrates that it’s not just what we do, but how we do it.’
Key highlights include:
GSK Australia and New Zealand
- Continued our commitment to transparency by disclosing the total amount paid to healthcare professionals.
- Delivered 67 clinical studies across Australia and New Zealand.
- Provided more than $375,000 in independent grants and donations to patient advocacy groups.
- Raised more than $18,000 from employee fundraising efforts to support a new global partnership with Save the Children.
- Delivered an urgent response to the Ebola outbreak in West Africa.
- Delivered 396 million doses of the oral polio vaccine via Global Polio Eradication Initiative to the countries that most need it, bringing the total to over 16.2 billion doses over the past 25 years.
- Created the world’s first Open Lab for non-communicable diseases in Africa
- Increased proportion of women in management from 41% to 42%
GSK’s global and local corporate responsibility reports can be viewed and downloaded from the Responsible reports section of this website.
|Communications Manager, GSK Australia|
|0467 738 521|