Manufacturing and Process Industry Mechanical Apprenticeship
We are investing heavily in innovative engineering and manufacturing technology and apprentices are key to helping us deliver our vision.
Our Manufacturing & Process Industry Mechanical Apprentice Program is designed to create the mechanics of the future. As a Manufacturing & Process Industry Mechanical Apprentice, you will have the opportunity to develop mechanical skills and will learn how to maintain manufacturing and packaging equipment – carrying out routine maintenance, diagnosing and resolving breakdowns, and helping to design, install and test new equipment.
What does a Manufacturing & Process Industry Mechanical apprenticeship involve?
Our Manufacturing & Process Industry Mechanical apprenticeship is a paid, four-year program. You will attend classes part-time, studying theory elements of the apprenticeship and gaining some practical workshop experience. In addition, you will spend time in the production facility learning new skills while rotating through various engineering roles across the site. Your rotations may include time in manufacturing, packaging, or maintenance.
Your apprenticeship will combine on-the-job learning with a program of training and development. Your role may involve:
- Develop mechanical skills using a variety of factory/maintenance shop and specialty tools
- Safely diagnose equipment problems and take corrective action to achieve optimum efficiency
- Maintain production equipment and carry out routine preventative maintenance
- Diagnose and resolve breakdowns
- Help design, install and test new equipment
What will this apprenticeship offer me?
Our Manufacturing & Process Industry Mechanical apprenticeship offers you the chance to study towards nationally recognised qualifications while gaining valuable, paid work experience. You will work towards a qualification at one of GSK’s partnering TAFEs or technical institutions with the potential to go on to further study.
What qualifications do I need to apply?
To be eligible for our Manufacturing & Process Industry Mechanical apprenticeship program, you will need:
- Eligible to work in Australia – You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident and eligible to work in Australia.
- VCE – Completion of High School Certificate.
- Year 12, or equivalent, Math & English – expected pass mark (or equivalent) of 60%.
- Year 11, or equivalent, Physics – pass (or equivalent) mark of 60%
- Must be 18 years of age by the 1st January 2018
- If successful in the position you must be willing to enrol and meet entry requirements with one of GSK’s partnering TAFE’s in the preferred related instruction course.
- Must be able to commute on a daily basis to GSK worksite and related instruction facility
- Academic transcript will be required
Where will I be based?
Our apprenticeships run for four years at our Boronia site in Victoria.
When does the apprenticeship start?
Our apprenticeships start in April 2018
How can I apply?
Please submit your application through the “Search Jobs and Apply” tab on this website or click on the "Apply Now" link below. To view the vacancies, search using the keyword “Apprenticeship” in the relevant location. You will then be requested to log in and enter your personal information.
Applications will close on 12th January 2018 (closing date extended)
GSK is focused on creating an inclusive organization where all employees feel engaged and know their work makes an important contribution. We aim to attract and retain the most talented people from all backgrounds and cultures regardless of actual or perceived race, colour, ethnic or national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, gender identity and/or expression, religion or belief, physical ability/ disability.