Manufacturing and Process Industry Electrical Apprenticeship
We are investing heavily in innovative engineering and manufacturing technology and apprentices are key to helping us deliver our vision.
As a Manufacturing & Process Industry Electrical Apprentice, you will have the opportunity to develop electrical skills and learn how to maintain mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment involved in the manufacture and packaging of pharmaceutical products.
What does a Manufacturing & Process Industry Electrical apprenticeship involve?
Our Manufacturing & Process Industry Electrical apprenticeship lasts four years. You will spend part of your time in class, studying theory elements of the apprenticeship and gaining some practical workshop experience and part time learning new skills while rotating through various engineering teams across the site. Your rotations may include time in manufacturing, packaging and utilities
Your apprenticeship will combine on-the-job learning with a program of training and development. Your role may involve:
- Develop electrical skills such as electrical device and component understanding, reading and understanding electrical diagrams, troubleshooting production equipment including robotics.
- Diagnose equipment problems and take corrective action to achieve optimum efficiency
- Maintain and modify electrical production equipment and control systems
- Perform complex troubleshooting, repairs and calibration on measurement devices to improve equipment accuracy and reliability
- Help to co-ordinate projects working with outside contractors, equipment manufacturers and vendors
What will this apprenticeship offer me?
Our Manufacturing & Process Industry Electrical apprenticeship offers you the chance to study towards nationally recognised qualifications while gaining valuable, paid work experience. You will work towards a qualification at one of GSK’s partnering TAFEs or technical institutions with the potential to go on to further study. The outcome of the apprenticeship is a pathway to an electrical license.
What qualifications do I need to apply?
To be eligible for our apprenticeship program, you will need:
- Eligible to work in Australia – You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident and eligible to work in Australia.
- VCE – Completion of High School Certificate.
- Year 12, or equivalent, Math & English – expected pass mark (or equivalent) of 60%.
- Year 11, or equivalent, Physics – pass (or equivalent) mark of 60%.
- Must be 18 years of age by the 1st January 2018
- If successful in the position you must be willing to enrol and meet entry requirements with one of GSK’s partnering TAFE’s in the preferred related instruction course.
- Must be able to commute on a daily basis to GSK worksite and related instruction facility
- Academic transcript will be required
Where will I be based?
Our apprenticeships run for four years at our Boronia site in Victoria.
When does the apprenticeship start?
Our apprenticeships start in January 2018
How can I apply?
Please submit your application through the “Search Jobs and Apply” tab on this website or click on the "Apply Now" link below. To view the vacancies, search using the keyword “Apprenticeship” in the relevant location. You will then be requested to log in and enter your personal information.
Applications will close on 6th November 2017
GSK is focused on creating an inclusive organisation where all employees feel engaged and know their work makes an important contribution. We aim to attract and retain the most talented people from all backgrounds and cultures regardless of actual or perceived race, colour, ethnic or national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, gender identity and/or expression, religion or belief, physical ability/ disability.